Tuesday, March 12, 2013

No More Shadows

 

Even as a child I found a way to cope with rough life situations. I made myself feel better through the power of making others feel better. I soon realized that my main goal in life was to become famous and find a way to entertain people in order to help them cope with life as well.

As you can see from the trailer for my weight loss documentary... I lost myself. I fell deep into depression and let myself recede into the shadows to be unseen for years. I felt as if I was the town monster and every time I went out in public I had to hurry and get back into my room... my dungeon of pain and sorrow. My self torturing cage where I would listen to music and daydream of a day that I would change my life.

That day finally came when I realized that I deserved to live. But after a couple close calls with suicide I decided I had only two inevitable options. Option 1 was to just lay down and end it all. Option 2 was to take the small steps towards climbing out of the deep hole I had fallen into. When it came down to it... I didn't want to give up. I didn't want to die. 

I started changing my life one day at time... slowly scratching and climbing out of that hole and as I climbed higher I realized I could start seeing the light ahead and it motivated me to keep going further and further. I found encouragement from loved ones, new friends and new connections all over the world. I started having a better outlook... a more positive attitude and it felt like everyday was getting easier and easier. 

The moment I decided to be on MTV's Catfish is when I emerged from the darkest shadows and revealed the world a man who is no longer broken... a man who no longer hides himself and casts a light all across the world. I give myself to the people because I am the people. There is nobody in the world who is immune to life struggles. 

I am not even close to finish with my weight loss journey or my mental work but even on the way to my goals I make time to try and support as many people as I can that are going thru the same or similar struggles. I let the world see my pain and suffering in the past... I let the world see my new outlook and life change today in the present... and I'm excited to continue motivating and changing lives (including mine) in the future.

Don't ever hide who you are. Gay, overweight, drug problems, addictions... any kind of problem or lifestyle... please be who you are and let the world figure out if they accept you but it doesn't matter because you decide how happy you want to be. Once you make yourself happy... only then will you truly possess the ability to make others in your life happy.

Let me reveal to you a video containing evidence of my starting point in weight loss and how far I've come. Let it be known that no matter your issue... you can overcome it as well and like I said.. don't ever hide who you were, who you are and who you're going to be. Grab my hand and let's stay out of the shadows together. Much love.
 

5 comments:

  1. Damn, Matt! You are so inspiring!!!! You make the world a better place :) I'm glad you didn't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep kicking butt bro. Your story is awesome. I totally see something amazing happening with you and it is fun to watch! Remember I'm still here if you ever need me. So don't be afraid to reach out! I think the X is totally in your future :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, you're awesome. Getting healthy is hard as fuck. Surround yourself with people who support you whole-heartedly and without conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are strong. You are important. You are unique. You have a huge heart and the world would be a better place if more people had the compassion you do.

    ReplyDelete