Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ask a Catfish

Introducing a new advice blog that I'm excited about being a part of. After being on the MTV show Catfish, I constantly receive e-mails via social media concerning a wide variety of questions pertaining to every day problems from people all across the world. I try my best to e-mail back people when I can but now I would like to create this advice column in order to answer questions that I'm sure plenty of others have in common. 



This first post will specifically be in theme with the show that I was featured on: 

"IS ONLINE DATING SOMETHING THAT I SHOULD GET INTO?"

The simple answer is YES. Before I get into the more complicated version of my answer I would like to explain what online dating is. Although we live in a world overrun by technology and I feel as if everyone alive should know what online dating is... I'll explain anyway. There thousands of ways to meet people online and these include social media (Facebook or Twitter), dating sites (Plenty of Fish or Ok Cupid) or pretty much any website inside of the internet universe considering most webpages contain a comment thread where any users can post and connect with others while sharing their opinions. Online dating is when a person uses the internet to meet a significant other and both decide to be in a relationship together. 

So do I believe that people should get into online relationships? Considering I was featured on a television show that spotlighted my own relationship leads me to agree with people wanting to ask my advice on it and to those wanting to date online as well. Although I condone online relationships I also advise people to do so in caution. There are a lot of Catfish out there and it's because the internet universe allows anyone to be who they want to be. There are some who decide to show their true selves but others are tempted to make a whole new identity which lures naive people towards much unwanted drama and heartbreak. 

The internet is so damn amazing for various reasons but my favorite of all is the ability to have instantaneous connections to other living and breathing beings all over the globe. I have never been one to think that your true love lives across the street from you. There is no way that every single person in the world is lucky enough to find their soulmate that easily. Love is something that you go through battles for and learn hard lessons over. The internet is a modern day tool to help you through this journey of love and it's a very beautiful thing. But like I said, this tool can be used for greatness or for evil. Use caution but don't be afraid to put yourself out there. Take chances and don't be afraid to show the world who you are. Love is something everyone deserves. I'm currently dating a very beautiful woman that I had met via the internet and I am so grateful for this every single day. You don't need to be online to find your true love but it doesn't hurt to try it out. 



Have any burning questions in life that you would like to hear Matt's advice on? Feel free to contact him via social media or e-mail at MattLoweCatfish@Gmail.com

  


No comments:

Post a Comment